Value of a REALTOR®
Whether selling your home, or looking for a new one, the over 350 REALTOR® Members of the REALTORS® Association of Grey Bruce Owen Sound work together to help you! This REALTOR® network allows them to share information and resources that places you in the best position possible to secure the biggest financial investment most people experience in their lifetime.
Who is a REALTOR®?
Not all licensed or registered brokers and salespeople are REALTORS®. Only real estate licensees who are members of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) are REALTORS®. These REALTORS® are committed to a high standard of professional conduct, ongoing education, and to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Using the service of a professional REALTOR® helps in disclosing maximum property information and facts therefore reducing your risk.
Teaming up with a REALTOR® provides you with invaluable access to professional real estate expertise and knowledge. You benefit because:
- Your REALTOR® can help determine your buying power and refer you to lenders best qualified to maximize your loan and minimize your cost.
- Your REALTOR® has full access to all the features of the Multiple Listing Service®, Canada's most powerful real estate marketing network.
- Your REALTOR® provides local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. REALTORS® assist you in making the best choice selecting an environment where you and your family can grow.
- Your REALTOR® has a finger on the pulse of the housing market and is knowledgeable about developments and trends in real estate; and,
- Your REALTOR® has the facts on comparable pricing, neighborhood trends and housing market conditions, data you can use to set your best course of action and maximize your homes resale value when you are ready to sell.
- Your REALTOR® can negotiate the best deal. There are myriad negotiating factors, including price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings or equipment. By negotiation alone, your REALTOR® often saves you more than the cost of their service.
- Your REALTOR® assists you in providing due diligence to evaluate the property. This may include inspections for mold, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in determining what conditions to recommend and assist in finding qualified professionals to investigate and provide report to you.
- Your REALTOR® can guide you through the sales process making sure everything flows smoothly from initial offer to closing.
- Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often REALTORS® will provide guidance on staging or repairs that enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® will harness the power of the Multiple Listing Service® to expose your property to a large network of qualified buyers as well as coordinate marketing through the most effective array of other advertising media.
You are protected when you work with a REALTOR® for a number of reasons:
- All REALTORS® are graduates of a real estate education program and are committed to pursuing ongoing professional development courses;
- REALTORS® must adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice your guarantee of professional conduct and service excellence.
- All REALTORS® carry errors and omissions insurance;
- A licensed brokerage supervises the business conduct of all REALTORS® to ensure their compliance with Ontario law.